The current economic situation is causing hardship for many people. If you are experiencing problems in paying your rent or service charges, please contact us immediately.
We can offer support regarding rent, service charges, benefits and debt. Significant arrears form when people stop paying rent or service charges. This situation is much harder to deal with if arrears are allowed to build up.
Benefits and money advice line
If you need information or advice about money worries, benefits or budgeting, we can help.
How to get help in 3 easy steps
1. Call our Advice Line on 020 8354 5500 on Tuesdays orWednesdays, between 9.30 - 11.00am
2. Your details will be logged by a colleague in the Contact Team
3. Our Financial Resilience team will call you back on the same day.
If you would like a longer appointment to discuss something we might be able to help with, call us on 020 8354 5500 Mon-Fri 9.30am - 4.30pm to book some time to talk to us on the phone.
If you are concerned about paying your rent or service charge, please let us know. We are here to help.
- Our Financial Resilience and Income Team can offer advice over the phone
- You can also contact our debt advice charity partner, StepChange, on 0800 138 1111 (free from all phones, including all mobiles) or through their website www.stepchange.org