Our approach on saving energy
We know that rising gas and electricity prices are a real cause for concern for many of our residents.
Our energy team can support you to take simple steps towards reducing your energy bills without making your home less comfortable. See our information about:
- Tips on cost-free ways of saving energy in your home
- Requesting a visit from a Green Doctor - they can increase comfort, reduce energy bills, and improve health outcomes for those experiencing fuel poverty.
- Help with reading your energy meters and setting timers.
- How to use water wisely.
If you are seeking help with reducing your energy bills here are some places to start:
- Energy Saving Trust is a good starting point if you’re looking for tips on cutting down your energy use.
- Are you getting the best deal available with your current gas and electricity supplier? You may be paying more than you need to. Try using energy comparison websites Simply Switch or Energy Helpline to compare gas and electricity tariffs.
- The National Housing Federation offer a free, impartial switching service specifically set up for social housing tenants called My Home Energy Switch. If you prefer to speak to someone over the phone, you can call them free on 0800 0014 706.
For further help
You might also like to contact:
Energy Saving Trust (for information on savings and grants available)
T: 0300 123 1234
Simply Switch (For assistance on switching utility companies)
Energy Helpline (For advice and tips on switching utilities and related matters)
My Home Energy
The National Housing Federation, in partnership with Green Star Energy, has a free energy comparison site for social housing tenants called My Home Energy.
The site provides tenants with a free online or telephone comparison and switching service that could help you save money on your energy bills. Its free, fast and simple and they will take care of all the paperwork for you. All you need is your postcode and a recent energy bill!
Simply call their friendly team for free on 0800 0014 706 or visit www.myhomeenergyswitch.org.uk today to find the best price for your gas and electricity.