Energy advice

Our approach on saving energy

We know that rising gas and electricity prices are a real cause for concern for many of our residents.

Our energy team can support you to take simple steps towards reducing your energy bills without making your home less comfortable. See our information about:

If you are seeking help with reducing your energy bills here are some places to start:

  • Energy Saving Trust is a good starting point if you’re looking for tips on cutting down your energy use.
  • Are you getting the best deal available with your current gas and electricity supplier? You may be paying more than you need to. Try using energy comparison websites Simply Switch or Energy Helpline to compare gas and electricity tariffs.
  • The National Housing Federation offer a free, impartial switching service specifically set up for social housing tenants called My Home Energy Switch. If you prefer to speak to someone over the phone, you can call them free on 0800 0014 706.

For further help 

You might also like to contact:

Energy Saving Trust (for information on savings and grants available)
T: 0300 123 1234

Simply Switch (For assistance on switching utility companies)

Energy Helpline (For advice and tips on switching utilities and related matters)

My Home Energy
The National Housing Federation, in partnership with Green Star Energy, has a free energy comparison site for social housing tenants called My Home Energy.

The site provides tenants with a free online or telephone comparison and switching service that could help you save money on your energy bills.  Its free, fast and simple and they will take care of all the paperwork for you.  All you need is your postcode and a recent energy bill!

Simply call their friendly team for free on 0800 0014 706 or visit today to find the best price for your gas and electricity.

My Octavia app

Contact us securely via our mobile app

020 8354 5500

Ask for our energy team

Tell us online

If you do not have a My Octavia account you can still contact us online via a form here