Where our properties or developments have shared garden or lawn areas, we may provide a grounds maintenance service. As a home owner, you contribute to the cost of these services through your weekly service charge.
We use grounds maintenance contractors to look after any shared grassed or planted areas at your property. Their responsibilities include:
- cutting the grass
- trimming hedges and shrubs
- removing litter and garden waste
- clearing leaves
We maintain a database of the trees on our developments which are our responsibility. We make sure that these trees are safe and that they do not obstruct properties, roads or pavements. Wherever possible we aim to preserve trees and not cut them down.
Some trees on our developments are the responsibility of the local authority or individual residents. If you have concerns about the safety or maintenance of a tree, please contact our customer services team so that we can check who is responsible for it.
Our grounds maintenance service does not cover private gardens. Older or vulnerable residents who have a private garden may be able to get help with garden maintenance jobs through our free <garden guardian service>.
We are committed to maintaining high standards at our properties and developments. We aim to:
- remove offensive graffiti within 24 hours of it being reported to us and other graffiti within five days
- keep roads, paths and other hard areas
- clean and clear of dumped items
- keep play areas clean and safe
- keep garden areas free of litter
- make sure lighting in shared areas is in good working order
- deal with illegally parked or abandoned vehicles.
We conduct regular site inspections to make sure that the shared areas of our buildings are well maintained.
We encourage residents to take part in these inspections and advertise the dates on noticeboards in shared areas and on our website. We carry out a survey every two years and use your feedback to help improve our services.