Cleaning and caretaking
Our approach to cleaning and caretaking
We provide a cleaning or caretaker service for the shared areas at many of our properties. These services are paid for through a weekly service charge.
What we mean by cleaning and caretaking
Mobile Caretaker service
The frequency of this service will vary depending on the type of property, but will generally consist of at least one visit per week. Typical tasks carried out by the team will include:
- picking up litter;
- sweeping and mopping internal floors;
- vacumming carpets;
- dusting and wiping paintwork;
- removing marks and graffiti from walls where possible;
- cleaning glass that can be safely reached;
- cleaning and disinfecting bin areas and chutes;
- cleaning lifts;
- reporting repairs in shared areas; and
- checking for safety hazards.
Residential Caretaker service
This team will carry out tasks as above, and also have a number of other important roles such as:
- checking the performance of our contractors,
- arranging for contractors to carry out repairs to shared areas,
- cleaning shared areas inside the building and checking for safety hazards,
- telling us when improvements are needed,
- advising whether there are any residents who may need more support.
Our Residential Caretakers are on hand to deal with problems quickly. For example, they will report anti-social behaviour to your neighbourhood officer and, in serious cases, work with them and other agencies to resolve the situation.
What you can expect from our service
We are committed to maintaining high standards at our properties. In providing you with estate services, we aim to:
- remove offensive graffiti within 24 hours of it being reported to us and other graffiti within 5 days
- keep roads, paths and other hard areas clean and clear of dumped items
- keep play areas clean and safe
- keep bins and bin areas clean and clear
- keep garden areas free of litter
- keep internal areas and lifts clean and clear of dumped items
- make sure lighting in shared areas is in good working order
- deal with illegally parked or abandoned vehicles.
Making sure we are succeeding
We hold regular site inspections to make sure that the shared areas of our buildings are well-maintained, with high standards of cleaning, caretaking and grounds maintenance. We encourage residents to take part in these inspections and advertise the dates on noticeboards in shared areas.