Are you aged 18–25 and unemployed?
UpRising, a UK-wide youth leadership development organisation are running an employability programme called Fastlaners.
Fastlaners is a 2 week programme designed to equip participants with the knowledge, networks, skills, and confidence to improve their job prospects and find meaningful employment. Participants meet professionals from a range of industries, building their employability skills and personal development: they receive mentoring, participate in mock interviews, network with recruitment professionals, and develop the confidence to secure fulfilling employment.
In addition to two weeks of full-time workshops and opportunities to meet employers, Fastlaners also offers participants ongoing support to find work. Our Fastlaners Programme Coordinator will work on a one-to-one basis to identify well-suited vacancies, support with application and interview prep, and then be on hand with any work-based questions participants may have. Working alongside our staff team, Fastlaners will also offer participants a near-peer mentor to keep them motivated in the search for employment. Mentors will be trained alumni from our Leadership Programme who are in the early stages of their own careers and can draw on their own experience to encourage and inspire Fastlaners.
Their track record shows:
- 100% of participants reported increased confidence.
- 75% of Fastlaners moved into employment or training within six months of the programme.
- 100% of participants agreed that Fastlaners jump-started their job search.
They are looking for 30 young people aged 18-25, who are looking for some support to get into work to join their programme.
- Be 18 - 25 years old
- Be able to attend sessions in central London
- Have existing qualifications (A-Levels, or equivalent, as a minimum)
- Be currently unemployed (those on zero-hours contracts may be accepted if they meet other criteria)
- Be current volunteers
- Be enrolled in a part-time training or education programme
The deadline to apply for this is 23 September and the programme starts on Monday 3rd October.
If you have any further questions, please email the Fastlaners Programme Coordinator, Jillian Low at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 745 7963.