If you need financial advice or support due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), please view our guideance here
Our approach to budgeting
We work with partners to provide free, independent and confidential advice about money matters including budgeting.
We work in partnership with the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) to offer you face to face assistance or over the phone and online through the debt charity Stepchange.
We also have a financial inclusion officer who offers more in depth one-to-one support with budgeting, making the most of your income and reducing debts.
What we mean by budgeting
We can help you to manage your money better by:
- working with you to develop a budget for your household
- helping you to identify suitable bank accounts and related financial products, including affordable credit
- referring you to specialist agencies for advice on utilities, welfare benefits, debt, hardship grants and help with jobs and training.
What you can expect from our service
All our debt, budgeting and benefits advice services provide practical guidance and tools to help you manage your money more effectively. Any information you provide is kept completely confidential and does not affect your tenancy in any way. The StepChange service can be accessed anonymously if you prefer.
What will happen after you ask us for advice budgeting
Your income officer can offer lots of budgeting advice but if you need further advice, they will put you in touch with an independent specialist adviser or our financial inclusion officer.
We hold two CAB drop-in sessions a week at our offices on Kensal Road, W10 5BN.
- Debt advice surgery: Thursdays, 9.30am – 12.30pm (no appointment needed) and 1.30pm – 4.30pm (appointments only).
- Benefits advice surgery: Fridays, 9.30am – 12.30pm (no appointment needed) and 1.30pm – 4.30pm (appointments only).
You can also contact the independent cahrity Stepchange to get free and confidential advice on debt on teh number above or through their website www.stepchange.org