If you need financial advice or support due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), please view our guideance here
Benefits & Money Advice Line
If you need information or advice about money worries, benefit or budgeting concerns, follow our three easy steps:
- call us 020 8354 5500 on Tuesdays or Wednesdays, 09:30 - 11:00
- your details will be logged,and
- our Financial Inclusion team will call you back, usually within 15 minutes to talk to you to see how we can help
Our approach to advice on benefits
Our Money Advice Line offers free, confidential advice about benefits and money management.
We also have a Financial Inclusion team who offer more in depth one-to-one support with budgeting, making the most of your income and reducing debts.
What we mean by advice on benefits
We can provide advice and support on issues relating to benefits such as:
- which benefits you may be entitled to
- how to go about claiming them
- help with completing benefit claims forms
- what the benefit cap means for you if you claim housing benefit,
- what the ‘bedroom tax’ means for you if you receive council tax benefit,
- what the new local contribution requirements mean for you
- what the switch to Universal Credit means for you and how direct payments will affect the way you pay your rent.
What you can expect from our service
We hold two Advice Line surgeries a week - Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 09:30 - 11:00 (no appointment needed).
Our Financial Inclusion and Income Team can offer advice over the phone. You can also contact our debt advice charity partner, StepChange, on 0800 138 1111 (free from all phones, including all mobiles) or through their website www.stepchange.org
All our debt, budgeting and benefits advice services provide practical guidance and tools to help you manage your money more effectively. Any information you provide is kept completely confidential and does not affect your tenancy in any way.