Our first priority is the health and safety of our residents; people who receive care and support from Octavia; our colleagues; partners; volunteers; and others in our neighbourhoods. As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation escalates, we are continuing to closely monitor the situation and follow the guidance of Government and Public Health England as it emerges.
We are urging all our residents and those who we help to follow the Government and Public Health England advice including guidance on social distancing and basic hygiene such as washing hands thoroughly and regularly. Please get in touch with us if you have a particular concern, we are here to help as much as we can.
A short summary of current changes and key services is below. Please visit the other pages in this section for more detail.
- Our reception at Emily House is closed until further notice. Our contact team is answering queries via telephone, emails and via our website from 10am-4pm , Monday-Friday. If you need assistance, please contact us on 020 8354 5500 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As of Tuesday 24 March, we are only carrying out emergency and urgent repairs. If you have a routine repair, we will take note of this and rearrange an appointment at a later date. Please note, you will be asked a series of additional health and safety questions before every appointment is made.
- All non-essential visits to our care schemes, including day care, communal gatherings and group social activities, have stopped for the time being.
- We have temporarily closed the Octavia shops and are unable to accept donations until further notice.
- Our digital media club, BASE@theReed, has closed and all face-to-face youth activities are suspended. Plans are being finalised to ensure that we can continue to support our young people remotely.
- The 'drop in' Citizen’s Advice service at Emily House has been suspended and replaced with telephone appointments. Please either call us to make an appointment or call your local Citizen’s Advice directly (please see our support page for more details).
- We are contacting all our residents who are over 70 years old, and all of our care and support users, to ensure they have the support they need. We are also working with our Local Authority partners to offer additional support where we can.
Updated 24 March 2020