Top ten service standards
We aim to provide you with good, reliable and improving services. To keep the quality of our services high, we have drawn up a list of the minimum standards that we will meet in key areas of our work.
The standards cover what you can expect when:
- You visit our offices.
- We visit you at home.
- You phone us.
- You write to us.
- You report a repair.
- We plan to do major works.
- You report ASB.
The top 10 service standards are:
1. We promise to be reliable, responsive and respectful.
2. We promise to offer different ways in which you can get involved, so you decide how and when to work with us to improve our service.
3. When we visit you at home we will carry and display clear identification which includes a photograph.
4. When you phone us and leave a message, we will call you back by the next working day.
5. When you write to us, we will acknowledge receipt of an email within three working days, and reply within ten working days.
6. When you write to us, we will acknowledge receipt of a letter within three working days, and reply within ten working days.
7. When you report a repair, if it is an emergency repair, we will get a contractor to your home as soon as possible, and make the situation safe within 24 hours.
8. When we plan to do major works we will consult you on colour schemes and design.
9. When you report anti-social behaviour to us, we will keep you regularly updated on how we are tackling the problem.
10. If you are in dispute with a neighbour, we can refer you and your neighbour to a mediation service to talk through and resolve the problems.
Our response time service standards for telephone, email and letter contact are the same if you need us to contact you using an interpretation or translation service.
You can view the full list of standards here.